Wednesday 4 February 2015

KFC Style Chicken



Ok, so I'm just going to jump straight in here. I love love love KFC chicken. Those succulent pieces of chicken coated in a crispy crumb are my calling.
I thought when I started to eat healthy I'd be saying goodbye to them forever but the great thing about Slimming World is that there is always a way to make healthier versions of your favourite foods.
I came across a recipe to make my own, tweaked it a bit and it's more than finger licking' good. It's a firm favourite in my house and 100% satisfies that crispy chicken craving. Best of all - its syn free! YEY!

This recipe serves 2 and the bread is your healthy B allowance. IF you've already used your healthy B then the bread bun counts as 6 syns.


Ingrediants

2 chicken breasts
1tsp onion salt
2tbsp paprika
Dash of coarse ground pepper
1tsp Oregano
1tsp garlic granules
1/2tsp ground ginger
2 eggs
Fry Light
2 wholemeal 60g bread buns.


How It's Done

1. Tear up your bread and add it to your food processor, along with your herbs and spices. Blend into crumbs.

2. Dice your chicken breast or slice into fillets.

3. Beat your eggs and dip your chicken pieces in the egg.

4. Thoroughly coat your chicken pieces in your crumbs.

5. Put on a baking tray and spray throughly with fry light (this is the key to getting the chicken nice and crispy).

6. Cook and enjoy! I don't have an exact temperature for the chicken, I usually cook mine on gas mark 7.


No comments:

Post a Comment