Thursday 5 February 2015

The Best Burger In Town



Before I joined Slimming World, I would always have moments where I would think 'I really need to do something about my weight'. Then along would come a takeaway, a biscuit...or two...or three...
and my resolve would weaken and I'd think 'I'll start next week'.

The great thing about Slimming World is I'm still enjoying all the things I wanted to eat before but in a healthier way. This burger recipe is, quite simply, amazing. There is no way you would feel like you were missing out when you're feasting on one of these bad boys.

Add your own toppings - lettuce, tomato or gurkins...I love caramelised onions and Reduced Sugar Tomato Ketchup (0.5 syns per tbsp). This recipe will make 7 burgers, so it goes a long way. I used 4 and kept the rest to cut up and add to a tomato and basil sauce with pasta, like meatballs. Voila! Two meals from one recipe.

Ingredients

I don't tend to measure my ingredients but this is a good guide. Have a play around with them yourself, add a bit more or if you don't have something don't worry.

750g 5% fat beef mince
2tbsp paprika
3tbsp Worcester sauce
2tbsp dark soy sauce
1tsp onion salt
1tsp ground coriander
2tsp garlic granules
1tsp course ground pepper

How It's Made

Add all your ingredients into a bowl and use a spoon to work the flavours into the meat.

Let the meat sit for 20 minutes or longer if you have time, to really let those flavours mingle. Now is a good time to get your slimming world chips on the go or maybe a nice bit of corn on the cob!

Get a sheet of grease proof paper or a plate to put your burgers onto, grab a handful of meat and roll into a ball. Press it out onto your paper until it is about the thickness of a £1 coin. Do this with the rest of your meat.

Heat a frying pan on a medium to low heat and add your fry light.

Once the fry light starts to bubble add your first few burgers. The trick here is to resist the urge to flip and squeeze the daylights out of your burger. You're going to loose all those yummy flavours and juices that way. Give them about 4 minutes on each size and transfer to a baking tray and sprinkle with cheese (healthy A).

Once you've finished cooking and sprinkling, pop the burgers in the oven until that lovely cheese melts.

Voila! Stick it in that wholemeal bun (healthy B or 6 syns) and pile your burger high with yummy speed food.


TIP - If you want the authentic McDonalds feel, add some limp lettuce and make your burger half the size of the image shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment