Friday 20 February 2015

Amazing Cauliflower Pizza

N


     One diet trend doing the rounds at the moment is the Paleo Diet. I can't say I've tried it and nor will I. I much prefer the idea of a healthy lifestyle which is why I do Slimming World. However, the reason I mention the Paleo Diet is because it's churning out some weird and wonderful grain free recipes which work wonderfully for anyone doing Slimming World.

Something I've been wanting to try for a while now is this rather lovely version of a pizza. The pictures look amazing and I would never guess that the main component in the dough was Cauliflower.

My first attempt was made with a rather common recipe I've found floating around but I found it too eggy and it really wasn't fooling anyone, although it didn't taste bad!

So I made a few adjustments and instead of a runny egg mixture I made something that really resembles a dough and tastes amazing. Plus as long as you're using your cheese as your healthy extra, it's syn free!

Ingredients

1/2 large cauliflower
1 egg
1 tsp of garlic granules
1 tsp of oregano
2 handfuls of mozzarella cheese

How It's Done



Start by blending your cauliflower into a fluffy 'cous cous' like texture.

Boil the cauliflower for 3 minutes.

Drain the majority of your water from the cauliflower using a sieve. I find it's best to run some cold water through the cauliflower too, this stops your hands getting burned in the next step.

Put your cauliflower into the middle of a tea towel and use this to squeeze all the excess water out. There will be quite a bit!



Put your drained cauliflower into a bowl and add your egg, cheese, garlic and cauliflower and mix well.

When your mix is made up, it will still be slightly sticky but will hold a shape if your press it together with your hands.

Spread your 'dough' out onto a sheet of baking paper and pop into the oven at gas mark 6.



Cook until it goes a lovely golden brown colour. This was around 15 minutes for me.




I added a tomato topping to mine made with a tin of chopped tomatoes, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons of oregano and 1 teaspoon of sweetener. This was super yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment